New Programs to Help Protect Any Business
Having pests in commercial facilities can cost businesses hundreds of millions of dollars annually. It can negatively impact your brand, your reputation, and your bottom line. Pests can also pose risks to your employees, vendors, and customers.
RainCity Pest Control – a leader in innovative pest management solutions for commercial accounts – understands the importance of proactively keeping your business pest-free. Our new maintenance portfolio of customized commercial programs is designed to protect your business from unwanted pests and the damage they cause.
The Value of Pest Management
Partnering with RainCity Pest Control reduces your risk exposure and resolves the problems that flies, rodents, cockroaches, seasonal pests, occasional invaders and stinging insects can cause.
- Prevent financial loss due to production shutdowns and health and safety violations.
- Keep your business compliant with federal regulations and internal quality assurance standards.
- Meet and exceed third-party audit requirements.
- Protect your reputation and prevent loss of business from bad reviews and negative media.
- Safeguard the structural integrity of your building from destructive pests.
- Minimize workplace distractions created by pest activity.
- Provide peace of mind for you and your staff.
- Allow you to focus on running and growing your business.
Pests Are Risky Business
Pests are simply not good for your business. As you weigh the decision of how to spend your pest management budget consider the following facts:
- Flies breed quickly and can contaminate food, spread disease and leave behind unsafe germs on food preparation and dining areas.
- Birds can cause property damage and pose serious health hazards – listeria and salmonella – through their droppings and mite-infested nesting sites.
- Bed bug infestations can become a public relations nightmare, resulting in a damaged reputation, lost revenue, possible litigation and in extreme cases, closure.
- Rodents can chew through walls and electrical wiring and put your facility at risk for a fire, and they are also responsible for transmitting diseases and harmful bacteria to food.
- Cockroaches produce allergens that can aggravate asthma and cause allergic reactions.
- Stinging insect bites send more than 500,000 people to hospitals with allergic reactions annually in Canada.
Get Rid of Pests in Your Business
Partnering with RainCity Pest Control s is a wise investment to ensure your business is protected against damaging pests year-round. Our commercial maintenance programs include inspection, pest identification, structure and sanitation consulting, customized treatments, monitoring, reporting, and preventative measures.
Our programs utilize the least toxic products as part of an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to help protect your business, your staff, and your clients, as well as the environment.
Integrated Pest Management
RainCity Pest Control employs a method called integrated pest management (IPM) in its Maintenance Programs for residential customers and for commercial customers. IPM, which emphasizes prevention and management in a long-term partnership with you, the customer, involves five actions: identify, monitor, plan, control, prevent.
Identify & Monitor
When you call on RainCity Pest Control, a trained service professional will meet with you at the property; whether residential or commercial. We will scout the building and property, looking for signs of infestation or situations likely to attract pests. Indications of pests may include feces, structural damage, etc. Once the pests are accurately identified, the service professional will pinpoint sources of the pest’s food, water, and shelter. Monitoring may also be employed to determine the extent of a problem. The service professional will also look at the bigger picture, analyzing the surroundings to determine whether a worse or different type of pest problem is likely to occur, based on the location, type of property, and surrounding area.
Plan, Control, & Prevent
The service professional will then review the findings with you and present a plan of action to both control and prevent infestation. Perhaps the pest level is tolerable and only ongoing monitoring is required. In other cases, mechanical solutions, such as traps, or physical solutions, such as screens, may be proposed. Some solutions may need to be implemented by the property owner. For example, perhaps old lumber in the backyard are perfect breeding grounds for mice, or perhaps a swing set is located too close to an area of tall grass, which is a favorite harboring spot for ants. Leaking pipes may need to be repaired or cracks caulked.
If mechanical means are not appropriate or sufficient, the service professional may recommend the use of chemicals. In determining which pesticides to use, the licensed and extensively trained RainCity Pest Control professional considers the type of pest, the level of infestation, and the type of property as well as any particular circumstances such as the presence of dogs and/or children. The service professional will then draw on the expert knowledge regarding which substance to use, in which form, and how often. The goal is effective pest solutions with the lowest impact on the customer and the environment.
IPM: The Holistic Approach
IPM is an effective method to not only treat but prevent pest issues with the lowest impact and least toxic measures. Call RainCity Pest Control today to learn more about how partnering with us will let you rest easy, knowing that your home or business is safe from infestation.